lunes, 23 de febrero de 2009

81st Annual Academy Awards!! (by Lorena)



On Sunday, February 22nd 2009, the Oscars (the 81st Annual Academy Awards) took place, in the Kodak Theatre, in Los Angeles. As every year, since the past 81 years, actors, directors, writers, producers, etc received a prize (which is a golden human shaped statue "Oscar") for acting/directing/producing/etc a film that was out in 2008 (the Oscars are given out in categories such as best music, visual effects, film editing, directing, etc).
I like to watch this show because I love to see those handsome actors walking through the red carpet, and actresses modeling cute dresses. I also like to remember all those people that died in 2008, maybe I don't know most of them, but the ones I do are going to stay in my heart and mind forever, for performing such good characters in movies; for example Heath Ledger!
Another thing I like about Oscars is that you can remind yourself of all those movies you saw, but also get and idea of the ones you haven't seen yet.
The only thing I hate in Oscars especially in this year's is that: according to who does the actors/directors etc receive the Oscar? I hate that a movie that I thought was good (like The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)receives a few Oscars or not at all (e.g. Australia) and another one receives a lot (like Slumdog Millionaire (which I haven't seen yet and is probably great)) but maybe one of those Oscars that the film received, was deserved by another one.
I don't think it's quite fair that only one actor/actress between 5 others receive the Oscar, while all/most of them made a great performance and deserve a prize each.
To see more about the 81st Annual Academy Awards go to:
http://www.oscars.com/

No hay comentarios: